Restaurant In The Home Series: Pt. 4
For the fourth installment of our Restaurant In The Home series, we're heading to Phladelphia (virtually, of course) for a collaboration with a restaurant that is undoubtedly one of the entire country's brightest new culinary stars; Musi BYOB. We are by no means exaggerating with this praise, as Eater selected Musi for it's ultra-prestigious "16 Best New Restaurants in America" List for 2019; hence our excitement! Named for Chef/Owner Ari Miller's legendary fishmonger in Tel Aviv, Musi is a tiny 20 seat restaurant that offers a daily-changing locally-sourced menu of modern mediteranean-inspired cuisine. National recognition aside, the restaurant has garnered heaping praise locally from Philly Mag – featured on both their "Best of 2019" List and "50 Best Restaurants" List) – as well a glowing review from the Inquirer's legendary food critic, Craig LaBan. Chef Miller will be welcoming us into his home for this class where he'll be teaching us how to cook a 3-course meal showcasing several of his favorite Musi dishes. We can't wait to learn from him!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A Philly native, Chef Miller broke into the culinary world during a decade spent living in Tel Aviv, first as the food writer for The Jerusalem Post, then in the kitchen of renowned Chef Rima Olvera's Oasis. Upon returning to Philly, he further honed his craft at several of the city's most renowned eateries – Zahav and High Street on Market – before opening Musi in February 2019.
The Class Details
What does my ticket get me?
In addition to getting access to the live-streamed class, where Chef Miller will run cooking demos for each of the 3 courses and participate in a Q&A with attendees, you will receive a PDF Recipe Book with step-by-step cooking instructions for each course. You will also receive a full video recording of the class the day after its completion.
What will we be cooking?
1st Course: Green Salad with Citrus, Sweet Potatoes, Nuts, and Craisins
2nd Course: Bowtie Pasta in Lemon Butter with Scallops and Green
3rd Course: Citrus Scented Malabi with Cookie Crumbs
How long will the class take?
Roughly 1hr 30min from start to finish; ~45 minutes of cooking demos and ~45 minutes for discussion/Q&A.
What will the yield be?
2 servings of each course.
What kitchen utensils/appliances will be used?
- Large Pot (6qt. or larger)
- Small Sauce Pot (~2qt.)
- Sautée Pan (~10")
- Small Sheet Tray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Slotted Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Citrus Zester
- Large Sharp Knife (i.e. Chef's Knife)
- Measuring Cup & Measuring Spoons
- Individual Serve Ramekins
- Plastic Wrap
- Citrus Squeezer (optional)
What ingredients will be needed?
In addition to the following usual kitchen staples (salt, sugar, butter, neutral cooking oil, olive oil, and cornstarch), try to acquire the ingredients listed below. Note, we will email you a detailed list of the necessary quantities of each ingredient below after you purchase your ticket:
- Bowtie Pasta
- Craisins, Raisins, or Apricots (you choose/personal preference)
- Heavy Cream
- Roasted Tree Nuts (you choose/personal preference)
- Salad Greens (you choose/personal preference)
- Shortbread Cookies
- Sweet Potato
- Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole Milk
100 Morris St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers access to the livestream class, as well as the discussion/Q&A session. The ticket price DOES NOT cover the cost of ingredients, as you need to acquire the ingredients separately through whatever means you prefer.
- What is the refund policy?
- Tickets are fully refundable up until 24 hours prior to the start of this class. Refund requests made within 24 hours of this class's start time will not be honored.
- What do I need to do in preparation for this class?
- If you don't already have it, you'll need to download the free Zoom application to your smartphone, tablet, or computer (whichever you'll be following along on during the class) and make sure to create a free zoom account. And, please ensure that you have a good internet connection so that you don't have any issues streaming the class. Additionally, if you plan on cooking along with the chef during the class, please acquire all of the necessary ingredients in the appropriate quantities (as outlined in the grocery shopping list email we send you), and make sure you have all of the necessary cooking utensils/appliances outlined above.